Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ah the Life of a visual Kid















So how to get one of these started........This is my blog I guess. So I have been a Visual Mixmaster for about three years now- I hate the term "VJ" although that has been labeled as what I do, it consider it much less of a "jockey" and the term brings up notions of Sway and Tabitha Sorin from MTV- and when that isn't the case, people assume that you meant DJ and just misspoke, or they miss heard. But who cares?! I love what I do, and I enjoy all the people I get to meet. At the moment I am trying to get my life together after a hectic summer of traveling, VJing, making art and moving from Cambridge to Dorchester.
So my goals now are to get some demos out there so I can get some exposure, use my skills to allow me to travel AND make money and get some more equipment together so I can really take it up a notch. Right now I am trying to save up enough money to buy a good video camera and a tablet so that I can show some of my more artistic abilities during live performances...among other things.
I guess a little of my history would be good here...let's see...
I'm 24, a SMFA Boston/ Tufts student who stumbled into VJing through a friend of mine. I started working at one of the hotest clubs in town Underbar. After working there for about a year, I spread out- working solo at Mantra (Boston), the Intercontinental Hotel (Boston), The Luna Lounge (New York), The House of Yes (New York), The Loading Dock (Lowell), Rumor (Boston), Felt (Boston), Rise (Boston), The Burton House (Brighton), Camp DK (Vermont), Parker Pie (Vermont), The Bartender's Ball (Nantucket), Dance On The Charles (Boston), as well as many others that I just cannot think of right now. Some companies I have worked for include Redbull, Captain Morgan, Tripple 8 Vodka, Kristal, and a bunch of others, but I really think RedBull has helped me the most. They have a lot of respect for their artists which is rare to find in a corperation. I just hope that others take their example.
DJs I have worked with include Soul Clap (my good buddies and guiding lights in their own right) Sergio Santos (another helping hand in the darkness of a club), Pat Fontes, Ministry of Sound (UK), Tanner Ross, Roger Sanchez, DJ Endoh (A GREAT kid and a GREAT friend) Triad (the band, not the DJ) DJ Random (South Carolina), Jason Bosserman, Dixon, DJ T and many many many more- but those are the ones I can think off right away.
I guess my ultimate goal is to travel the world VJing and making art. I would love to be a permanantly mobile person- constantly traveling with a good entourage and a smile. Everyone seems to want to be a tour manager or producer- I guess that would be fun, but at the moment I just want to make a living creating art and inlfuincing those around me to think and consider the wonders of this world we have been blessed with. So there you have it, a small peek into the professional Life of vKa$h. More to come....stay crazy....

No comments:

v.Ka$h's Fan Box

v.Ka$h on Facebook